Monday, May 17, 2004

Big Fish again....

i don't know if this link will work or not, but i don't think that my review for big fish really gave the movie justice. i'm always afraid of giving too much away, but so much more could have been said about this great movie! HERE is a link to reviews that i read from netflix. some of them are exactly on!!! i hope this gives you a better appreciation of the movie and a more desire to NOT miss this one! definitley add it to your rent list and pick it up next time you are at the video store!

if the link doesn't work, then just go to netflix and look up member reviews for big fish........

oh hell, i'll just copy and paste a few of them, to give you an idea...

5 stars Brian F
(See my other reviews ...) 36 out of 68 people found this review helpful.
As with every other movie, I try to know as little as possible about a film when I go to see it. This was definitely the case with Big Fish; I had little-to-no idea what the film was about. By some twist of fate for which I will forever be grateful, I saw this movie with my family and I sat next to my father. I don't know that I have ever appreciated my father as much as I did during and after Big Fish. The love I have for my dad is unbelievable and this movie made me feel it. It was everything I could do not to cry. And when the movie was over all I wanted to do was hug him and tell him how much I cared...but I knew that I would end up bawling, which is something that I wasn't prepared to do in the theater...for both of our sakes. All I could manage to do was, before we stood up, I reached over and give his knee a pat and a quick squeeze. Even that simple gesture meant to much to me that my tears nearly gave way. As we walked down the hall toward the exit, my family spoke of how much they enjoyed the film. I just remained silent with my feeling. I don't really like Tim Burton films. His dark, moody films never really do anything for me. None of them grab me. Big Fish did. It caught me and I don't know that it will ever let go. One day my father will pass away and when he does, I will watch Big Fish again and cry the tears that I would not let fall in the theater all those many years before.


5 stars def american
(See my other reviews ...) 24 out of 39 people found this review helpful.
Tim Burton makes a triumphant return with "Big Fish". It's kind of his "O, Brother Where Art Thou". It's his ultimate masterpiece, a perfect film even better than "Edward Scissorhands". This film has a wonderful spirit. (I am also reminded of "Second Hand Lions", although without question, this is the better movie) Tim Burton, like the main character, is a great storyteller, it's good to see his voice is back. (After "Planet of the Apes" I doubted, but now all is forgiven!) The performances, cinematography, and soundtrack are all fantastic. But, as another pointed out,-My God!-The ending is absolutely, awesomely, perfect! It brings it all around again, tieing everything together to perfection. It may be impossible to watch this movie without feeling glad all over, happy to be alive, and wanting to hug your family. This is one of the best films of the year! I laughed, I cried, I recommend highly!

5 stars Jason Miller
(See my other reviews ...) 72 out of 130 people found this review helpful.
The first 4/5 of this movie were a fun heartwarming set of tall tales, intertwined with a son angry at his father for allways telling them and never letting him know the real truth. I thought it was a good movie 4 out of 5 stars or so. Then the ending. I have to say this is the best ending I've ever seen in a movie. The way in which the story brings the son around and shows us why and how his father's stories work is fantastic. I'm watching as circus freaks are waving at an old man and I'm tearing up. Only Tim Burton could cause me those emotions at those images. 5 stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker